28 June 2008

Great Website!



...I recently came across this wonderful website! Karen's Whimsy is a site where the author has taken literally hundreds of old pictures and made them available to the public. I love looking at the pictures in old books, 1800-1900, so if you are anything like me this site will be a treasure trove!

...I have been using her illustrations(which are open to the public domain)on this blog and with school assignments. Some of them would also be great for little kids coloring. A note of caution; some of the images under the "ancient past" are rather graphic-I recommend parents approving this section themselves. Every parent has his or her own guidelines of course!

...Here is the link and below are some examples of the images available. Enjoy!
http://karenswhimsy.com/public-domain-images/














No comments: